UK PORTS AUTHORITIES
- One of the busiest ports in Britain handling
almost 9,000 vessels annually - including North Sea
oil and ferry traffic.
Associated British Ports
- Company provides port facilities and services to
shippers and cargo owners. Includes information for
investors and shareholders.
Associated British Ports - Immingham
- Maps, commodities and facilities.
Associated British Ports Humber Estuary Services
- Discusses the Rivers Humber, Ouse and Trent for
commercial and leisure users, including pilotage,
tidal, navigation and statutory issues.
- East Devon Council discusses this recreational and
inshore fishery port and its navigation.
Bembridge Harbour Trust
- Registered charity seeks to promote Bembridge
Harbour on the Isle of Wight .
- Bo'ness is situated on the Firth of Forth, west of
Edinburgh. The harbour has a long and interesting
history dating back to 80AD when Agricola invaded
Scotland, but it was closed to commercial trade in
British Ports Association
- Trade association offers background and policy
concerns on the UK ports and harbours industry, and
provides a list of its members.
Cattewater Harbour Commission
- Port in Plymouth, England, offering access to
privately owned facilities for both commercial
shipping and leisure craft.
Chichester Harbour Conservancy
- Providing up to date information on all aspects of
chichester harbour. Details on leisure, sailing,
navigation, moorings, environment, education and
harbour facilities. Plus local weather and tide
- Company manages the River Clyde and the ports of
Glasgow, Greenock, Hunterston and Ardrossan on the
west coast of Scotland.
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - Harbour Master
- Council for the Outer Hebrides or Western Isles
discusses ferry ports, piers and harbours, as well
as safety and traffic routing.
The Confederation of the Cinque Ports
- Historic association of maritime towns in Kent and
Sussex. Includes history, heraldic and ceremonial
information, events, contacts and links about the
ports and associated towns.
The Cromarty Firth Port Authority
- Offers details on support offered, conservancy,
news and contact details.
Dart Harbour and Navigation Authority
- Describes this busy port located on the River
Dart, Dartmouth, South Devon, England and its
facilities for local fishing vessels, naval
shipping, cruise ships and private vessels. Includes
news and events calendar.
- Details of the ferry port, cruise terminal and
marina, plus information for passengers.
DP World Southampton
- Includes news, container terminal pictures and
container terminal plan. Full contact details
- Privately owned modern facility at Great Yarmouth
integrating a new deep-water outer harbour with a
well established river port. Includes details of the
commercial facilities, and marine and corporate
Eastport UK Cargo Handling Ltd
- Cargo handlers and stevedores handling all types
of import and export commodities. Heavy lifts and
project cargo a speciality. Timber, steel products
and paper distributors UK wide. Covered and open
- Port in Cornwall discusses tall ships, the yacht
haven, approaches and visitor facilities.
Felixstowe Port - Now by Pat Gardiner
- The past, present and future of one of the UK's
Forth Ports PLC
- Company operates ports in the United Kingdom,
including Grangemouth and Tilbury.
- Trust port in Cornwall welcomes cruise ships,
commercial vessels and pleasure boats. Includes a
map of the harbour and a photo gallery. Port is
operated by the Fowey Harbour Commissioners.
- Information about facilities for fishing,
commercial cargo, and oil-related vessels, and
repair capabilities. Also has news and weather.
Gloucester Harbour Trustees
- Detailed information covering Gloucester Harbour
Happold Safe & Secure: The Port of Weston
- Describes this proposed facility in Runcorn and
its facilities, connections and security plan.
Harwich Haven Authority
- News, information, bylaws and notices to mariners,
for the Harwich harbour ports of Harwich Navyard,
Harwich international port, Mistley, Ipswich and
Harwich International Port
- Discusses the container port and cruise ship
terminal at Harwich.
- Built in the 19th century for the herring fishing,
and still a working focus for the town; includes a
history, and details for users.
Historic Docks: England and Scotland
- Provides aerial views and videos of historic
docks, ports and quays in Liverpool, London,
Edinburgh and along the Clyde, and some of the
famous ships built there.
Inverness Harbour Trust
- Offering information on the port of Inverness.
Details of facilities, maps and tidal information.
Lerwick Port Authority
- The principal port for Shetland, Lerwick is an
integral component in the islands' economic
infrastructure. At the crossroads of the North Sea
and the North-east Atlantic, it is also Britain's
most northerly commercial port.
- The Ports of Sheerness and Chatham Docks in Kent,
Milford Haven Port Authority
- News on vessels arriving and at berth, escort and
pilotage, safety and notices to mariners, with
commercial and recreational sections.
Open Sandwich in Kent, UK: Richborough Port
- Defunct port was used by the British military
during the two world wars.
Orkney Islands Council Marine Services
- Information for the mariner and port user to
assist in using the marine facilities offered in
Orkney. Discusses operations and development issues
and lists weather reports, port news, and notices to
Peterhead Port Authority
- Manages the port of Peterhead; includes
information about services and facilities, location
details, news and a history.
Poole Harbour Commissioners
- An informative site with details on the leisure
and commercial activities within one of the world's
largest natural harbours.
Port of Berwick
- Port at the mouth of the River Tweed discusses its
dredging programme and facilities for cargo vessels,
cruise ships and leisure boats.
Port of Blyth
- Port in northeast England providing conservancy,
stevedoring, warehousing and distribution services.
Describes the destinations served and the types of
Port of Liverpool
- Operated by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company.
Information about the docks and the companies that
use them, including financial information, a
business directory, and port maps.
Port of Liverpool
- England major West Coast port with substantial
trade to Ireland.
Port of London
- Information on the commercial, maritime and
leisure services and facilities of the port of
London including trade and business directories,
notice to mariners and ship movements for the River
Port of Mostyn
- Facility in North Wales offers offshore windmill
construction support and roro facilities.
Port of Seaham
- Port in the northwest operated by Seaham Harbour
Dock Company, a unit of Victoria Group.
Port of Truro
- Commercial quay, laid up shipping and leisure
facilities. Several downloads including charts and
the Fal Estuary and Creeks leaflet.
- Small port located in North Wales.
Portland Port and Harbour
- Portland Harbour describes terminals and services
for cargo and cruise ships at this former Royal Navy
Ports and Harbours of the United Kingdom
- Lists over 700 ports, harbours, jetties and piers
around the coastline of the United Kingdom. Includes
some former ports which have been abandoned or
Ports of Scotland
- A comprehensive guide to over 80 of Scotland's
commercial ports and harbours.
- Provided details and associated businesses with
real time tide information.
Shetland Islands Council - Ports and Harbours
- In addition to Sullom Voe the Shetland Islands
Council, as Harbour Authority, has responsibility
for the operation of a number of smaller ports and
piers located around the islands.
Solent AIS and Shipping Movements
- Map showing real time AIS ship positions and
movements for the Solent, Southampton and
Portsmouth. Includes advice on using AIS signals and
links to Solent webcams and shipping times.
Southampton VTS - ABP Southampton
- Southampton Vessel Traffic Services by Associated
British Ports provides tidal conditions and port
Stornoway Port Authority
- Discusses all aspects of arriving in Stornoway by
sea, including the harbour, fishing, the commercial
port, the Slipway as well as cruise liners and
- Ships agents at the port of Falmouth, established
in 1946. Including latest news, pictures and weather
information. Full contact details provided.
- Fishing port offers good protection for shipping,
with deep anchorages available for cruise ships and
United Kingdom Major Ports Group (UKMPG)
- Trade association representing most of the larger
commercial ports in the United Kingdom.
Victoria Group - Port of Boston
- Describes the facilities and connections of this
port on the Wash in Lincolnshire.
Wick Harbour Authority
- Information about facilities for fishing,
commercial, and leisure vessels; includes a history,
and current weather and tide links.
- Details of commercial cargo handling facilities
and services at Whitby, Scarborough, and Filey, as
well as amenities, maps and contact information.